Monday, June 20, 2016

Steady As She Goes 7

Satisfying Forward Progress

I have had a good start to this last full week of June

I don't have the time, energy, money or inclination to have a personal coach, someone who would watch over and review my progress with me on a regular basis, talk to me about when I'm on the wrong path or going down a good one, so... I have to deal with me. And that's been going fairly well since I gave up long distance running and returned to a less-demanding schedule that now includes regular walking (with a touch of shuffling and jogging).

Though I would like to make room in my 'always busy' schedule for a few flexibility and strength-training exercises, I feel I am still on a good path and making satisfying forward progress. Why, if I keep moving forward in such a way for the next 20 years, I'll be hailed as a local phenom.

June's temperature is warming up so I may start heading out the door for my walks earlier in the day. And now that a couple of busy periods in my schedule have passed (I've dropped my walk 6 times this month!), I should be able to complete a healthy number of walking/shuffling miles before the 1st of July.

I may beat the heat by walking on green paths, not tarmac

Please link to Steady As She Goes 6

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment