Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Steady As She Goes 4

Another Month in the Record Books

"I finished May with walk No. 60 out of 90. That's something!"

Really, I'm a 'numbers guy'. At the end of the month I like to tally up my walks, miles and averages, and see how I'm doing. So, this morning I looked at May's numbers and can honestly say I'm doing AOK. Steady Eddie is on the move.

By the Numbers:

I'm two-thirds of the way through my "Speed Up Man" set (i.e., 90 brisk walks with some shuffling thrown in for good measure).


I walked 26 of 31 days. Not bad for a month that included a trip to BC, a birdhouse sale and a few motorcycle rides.

My GOTD rate (i.e., Get Out the Door percentage) might be down, compared to other months, but I covered an 'above average' number of miles.

I shuffled during 7 of 26 outings and feel I am making very good progress in that challenging department.

*****

June will also be a challenging month 'distraction-wise' but I feel confident I will get out the door regularly and continue to make progress with my shuffling off to Buffalo. 'Shuffles' two times per week (on average) will very likely help me develop a smoother, stronger stride. Why, I bet I will look more like a real jogger by the end of the summer.

Photos from along the way:


 "Paths are almost empty on a weekday"

"A smooth skater heads toward downtown London"

Please link to Steady as She Goes 3

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment