Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Photographs: From Along the Way (1).

Have Camera, Will Travel.


To see this stylish eagle, you must stop your car.

You must park at the side of a busy thoroughfare (King Street, just east of Wellington) and take a moment out of your day.

Or, to appreciate this rare piece of local art, you have to stop walking.

You have to step off the sidewalk (south side of the street) and take a few steps around a cement support for an overhead walkway.

In my opinion, the time spent stopping to smell the roses, so to speak, is well worth it.


Squirrel Bridge. Looking east toward Downtown London.

The bridge is so named by a neighbour who saw a squirrel racing across it once.

Once across the bridge (from the opposite side, e.g., from the Downtown YMCA) I head south to the Wortley/Stanley St. intersection and head for home.

The sturdy structure is one of my favourite pedestrian bridges, and because my summertime walking regularly takes me downtown and north toward the university, I bet I cross it approx. 200 times per year.

Correction. It's also on my route to and from London Knights' hockey games and my favourite pub, so I bet I cross it about 250 - 300 times per year!


I am looking south from about the center of Squirrel Bridge. Two overpasses in the area seem to blend into one in this photo. York Street is first in line, then comes the CNR/CPR overpass that travels east-west through our downtown.

Beyond the pair of overpasses lies a trio of my favourite places - Thames Park and then Wortley Village and my home.


From the middle of the Wortley Road overpass I am 11 minutes (of steady walking) from my house. This part of my Wortley Road walking route is more familiar to me than Squirrel Bridge. I bet I've travelled past this same spot over a 1,000 times in the last 3 - 4 years.

But whose counting?

And I have likely posted similar photographs of this scene a dozen times.

Get used to it.

: )


GoPro Hero Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment