Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Definitely YMCA Related (3).

Starting My Fourth Month at YMCA Downtown.

[Photo: "When spring arrives I will be ready for a nice run on city paths"]

I returned to the YMCA on November 1, 2018 after a 12-year-long hiatus. I had three years of steady walking under my belt, so to speak, and a desire to add more running miles to my fun and fitness schedule.

As I start my fourth month at the Y, I can say that I am now a regular runner, and developing a slow and steady-like style within my limits. I run 4 - 6 times per week on a treadmill, generally in the 2 - 4 mile range. I also regularly cover additional miles by walking to the Y and warming up on an exercise bike for 30 - 40 minutes before my short run.

Svelteness is within my reach.... in my lifetime.

Photos from along the way:

 Heading downtown on a sunny day.

 Heading home on the same sunny day.

 Giving directions to a fellow runner many years ago... in Hell, Michigan

 "I don't need directions to get to the YMCA"

"This has got to be the place. Svelteness is on the horizon."

Please link to Definitely YMCA Related (2).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment