Monday, April 1, 2019

Still at the YMCA, But.... (3).

One Last Try for the Gipper?

I'm going to ride ze bull one more time. Slowest runner ever.

I stayed off the treadmill - running-wise - for a few weeks and my concern about a sore left hip lessened, as expected. I think I had been running too far too fast and the break from 3 - 6 mile runs did me good.

In March I still kept walking a good number of miles per week, and riding an exercise bike regularly (good book in hand), and completing sets on various weight machines, thus keeping the dream of "svelteness in this lifetime" alive.

 
I covered 182.25 miles in March, walking and riding combined.

Total miles per week, for the last 15 weeks, can be seen above, and my 10 Week Average stayed near 41 or 42 miles from Feb. 24 to March 30. Not bad for a geezer : )

Pumping iron w free weights and 5 machines, 25 or 30 reps at a time.
"Look at dem pipes!" (Yeh, right!)

Last week I started to include a minimal amount of slow treadmill running in my routine, and so far all is well. The annoyance of slight pain in the left hip has not returned, so I will very gradually increase the amount of running for a few weeks, with some minor increase in speed... and I will see where that leads.

Old South was hit with a bit of snow yesterday. Nice day for walking, for sure.

The thought has occurred to me that when I started running (or jogging; "out for a jog" it was 'a thing' in those days) back in the early 1970s, I thought it was a big deal to jog a couple of miles 3 or 4 times per week.

Last week I added a bit of running here and there. Slow as a slug. 

Hopefully, the snow will be gone soon. 

I've hit the YMCA over 100 times since November 1, 2018. $3.65 per visit.

I wonder if I'm heading toward a "going full circle" type of situation? 

I think I could live with that, heading out for an evening jog, feeling the breeze blow through what's left of my hair.

: )


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment