Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Still at the YMCA, But.... (4).

Progress is Progress is Progress.

London's off-street pathways will soon be home to a lot of activity.

I started the month of April by saying, "The annoyance of slight pain in the left hip has not returned, so I will very gradually increase the amount of running for a few weeks, with some minor increase in speed... and I will see where that leads."

To date, I have continued to walk to the YMCA regularly and combine 'very slow running' with walking on a treadmill. I cover 2.0 to 2.75 miles, alternating walking at a steady speed for e.g., 0.05 mi., with running for 0.15 mi. 'Easy does it' is my motto and I am gradually increasing my running speed and distance.

Pathways skirt the Thames River inside London. Time to walk/run!

I am thinking about 'pausing' my YMCA membership for four months, beginning the break near the end of May. And during the pause I will make full use of London's multi-purpose pathways in the hopes of becoming one of our city's slowest, steadiest and sveltest senior runners in modern-day history.

So, the GREAT Canadian Comeback continues.

Stay tuned for svelteness updates.

Heading home through Harris Park.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment