Monday, October 21, 2019

More Miles, and on a Roll.

Time for a Wee Change.

This iconic runner (?) is featured on my favourite, old T-shirt

I don't know who the runner is. One of my favourites is Emil Zatopek, a Czech Olympian who won three gold medals in 1952. Poland participated in the 1956 Melbourne Summer Games but did not come away with 3 medals in track events.

Maybe it's just a nice picture of a runner who is 7 years younger than me and won 3 medals at his high school track and field day somewhere in Polska.

Whatever the case, my own running is moving along smoothly. I have no nagging injuries, am feeling smooth and steady on my favourite treadmill at the Downtown YMCA and - yup, did it again - hit a fifth PB (personal best time) for 3.75 miles.

Decision time: Do I keep trying to go a bit faster for no particular reason (risking an injury) or slow down and add another quarter mile?

Answer: I am leaning toward racking up a few easy times for the four mile treadmill event. No medals will be awarded but by January 1, 2020, I may be seeing more clearly what springtime may offer. A half-marathon in Toronto while wearing my favourite, old T-shirt?

Stay tuned.

Photos from along the way:











Get around, get around, I get around. But not with The Beach Boys.

So, I won't be hitting more PBs while awhile, but if I like four-milers then thoughts re a half-marathon will sharpen.

Please link here to A New PB, by Five Seconds! 

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment