Thursday, December 13, 2018

Definitely YMCA Related (2).

The Pursuit of Sveltness.

[Photo: Uncle Gord and Electric Dan in Hell, MI. Early 2000s]

Group runs and out-of-town races - through the mud in Michigan - used to be a 'Thing' for a lot of local runners. But, in order to qualify for the Boston Marathon in 2004, I started to train and run solo.

I crossed paths with Electric Dan twice in the last few months. I saw him running with a group while I was walkn on local pathways in early autumn. And we spoke at a recent London Knights hockey game.

"You still running?" I said.

"Yes. You?"

"I'm making a comeback, at the YMCA again."

Photo is called The Big Drop (Terry Fox Pathway)

The Comeback continues:

- I've completed 30 walk/runs at the Downtown YMCA since November 1st

- I've progressed from 2.5-mile walk/runs to 3.5-mile runs in 43 days

- Solo, slow and steady, gradual increases in distance and speed

- Sveltness is a real possibility




Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment