Monday, October 30, 2017

Hold Steady (1).

Stay the Course, Naturally.

[Photo: My winter routes and goals are almost all mapped out]

Yesterday afternoon I completed a four-mile walk to Gibbons Park in North London. While listening to a Knights game on a portable radio I mapped out a 5, and 6-mile route on the same path.

"A five-mile turnaround (TA) point - 2.5 miles from my front door - is clearly marked on the Baldwin Flats," I said to myself. "But the six-mile TA is not."

However, I know what to do, so I'll walk the distance and mark the spot on a future 'fun and fitness' outing. Then I'll be set until March 31, 2018 (or thereabouts).

 Yesterday's walk was SP50, the end of a set of 50 good walks and runs. 
What will my next set of goals be?


I know I can also use the Terry Fox Pathway (2, 3, 4, 5, and 6-mile TAs, and more, are easily identifiable) and other familiar routes, but the loop through Harris and Gibbons Park is my favourite. I know I'll use it often while completing my next set of goals over the next five months (approx.).

Goals for my next 125 outings:

"Hold Steady" my present level of fitness
Get out the door often (4 - 6 days per week on average)
Complete the 125 outings by about April 1, 2018
Complete 2 walks, 2 walk/runs and 2 runs per week, whenever possible
Maintain a comfortable pace, about 6 min./km when running, within my limits
Maintain my endurance at 6-miles, at least

Lots of lovely miles ahead:





Years ago I had plenty of winter running gear. Sadly, when my interest in long distance running declined after participating in the Boston Marathon (The Big One, 2005), I cleaned out my closets and currently only have a few bits of winter stuff. So, I guess I know what I'll be asking others to get me for Christmas!

New tights. But not too tight!

More to follow as winter approaches.

Please link to Feeling Some Pressure (10).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment