Saturday, October 7, 2017

Feeling Some Pressure (4).

Build a Ladder.

[Photo: I'm back of the pack, but slow and steady]

For old time's sake, I sped up a bit near the end of last Sunday's 5-kilometre road race, passed a younger runner and finished with a smile (not visible from the above angle).... well, at least with a 'thumb's up'.

I plan to run a 10-kilometre race three weeks from today with the same goals in mind: Run slow and steady, i.e., within my limits, and finish with a smile. Or a thumb's up.

Between now and Oct. 28 I will build a ladder. On paper. I'll write down some mileage markers I need to hit, i.e., in walk/run-style and in 'Steady Eddie' running-style.

Markers - 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.5, and 6.0 miles. Downhill if possible.

My earlier goal, to aim for more hills, has already worked in my favour. Near the end of last Sunday's run I passed two people on the last hill and had some steam left over for a good finish.

Next week I will walk/run a 5- or 6-miler to get used to the longer distance. 



Maybe I'll get out the door in late afternoon so I don't get lost in the dark.

More to follow.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment