Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Feeling Some Pressure (2).

Counting Down to Race Day.

[Photo: It's all downhill to Terry Fox Pathway] 

I am scheduled to run a short road race this coming Sunday, my first in 12 years. I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Heading home from Greenway Park.

After a recent run in Greenway, a distance longer than the upcoming race, I thought the following: If I go slow and enjoy the view I should have a good race. If I try to keep up with the majority of runners, in the middle of the pack, the wheels will come off.

'Nuff said. Go slow. Enjoy view : )

Progress related to The GREAT Canadian Comeback:

 I've covered 15 miles so far this week, including two runs, 5 KM (plus).

I've kept the pressure on in a few areas:
E.g., I've aimed for hills, run more times in September,
and increased weekly mileage a bit.

 My weekly mileage (on average) is up a bit in September.

 Terry Fox Pathway was quiet on Monday night.

 The way home from Gibbons Park was pretty quiet last night.

 The sun is not setting on The GREAT Canadian Comeback!

I'm going slow, I'm enjoying the view.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment