Sunday, September 3, 2017

Another Breakthrough Week (2).

The Heat Is On.

[Photo: Days of "fun in the sun" are behind me. Hard work ahead]

You heard it here first. I am planning to run a race or two or three this fall, not to test my speed, but to test my endurance for 5 - 10 kilometres of running on city pathways.

Will I have the stamina? I think so, if I commit to putting a bit more pressure on myself when it comes to running on a more consistent basis in September and October.

August ended well:

"Fun in the sun" and good family time in Lindsay

I finished the month with strong and steady walkn and jogn. 

September begins with a challenge. After finishing 120 outings with "no pressure" to push farther or harder (related to running goals), I now commit myself to 50 outings in September and October that will include "some pressure" to increase stamina, strength and speed:

I completed 12 runs in August for a total of 39 this summer.
I commit to 50 outings with pressure to perform well.

 I covered 28 miles last week, same as 11 weeks ago.

I'd like to improve my 10-week average this month.

I've walked and jogged about 900 miles so far in 2017, so I've built a sturdy foundation for concentrating on a bit more strength, endurance and speed over the next two months. 

In the past, I focussed on doing well in my age group. My last 10 kilometre road race - in 2005 - was my fastest ever and I challenged some very swift runners. My goal this year will be to finish smoothly, with a big smile on my face. And if the race T-shirt makes me look svelte, all the better.

: )

Where to go from here?



In September I plan to run in all directions and make a big splash in October!


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment