Sunday, December 10, 2017

Hold Steady 6.

Three Runs This Week?

[Photo: Getting icy. I'll need to wear snow tires]

Last week may have been the last one in 2017 with clear paths and sidewalks everyday. Snow is in the forecast now and ice is forming here and there.

I don't look forward to snow and ice-covered routes for walking or jogging, but if I want to keep my stamina at the six-mile level, then I'm going to have to learn how to handle WINTER. After a 12-year hiatus from winter running, one thing I will have to overcome is my current reluctance to put on running gear when it's snowing and blowing out there.

"I don't like the looks of this!"

Years ago, I had no problem donning winter gear and going for long runs. Now I don't feel as eager or as confident as I once did, so I know it will be a challenge to get at least three easy runs completed in the next seven days.

Photos from along the way:

 Good walkn, bikn and running on Dec. 3-5.

 Completed 28 miles but just one run last week. Reluctant!



Am I getting soft when it comes to ice and snow?

More to follow.


Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment