Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Transition Zone 10 - Good Routine

Two Per Day Due to Humid-id-idity

Edward Street, Wortley Village, looking north

I am currently completing a series of 100 walks known as The 'Transition Zone'. My chief goals during the series follow:

     walk briskly

     keep my head up, improve my posture

     regularly include shuffling and jogging, w walking breaks as required,
     e.g., 2 or 3 times per week

     make note of improvements/changes in the shuffling or jogging routine,
     e.g., changes in ease, frequency, duration and overall speed

     take my time, enjoy gradual development

 Walk/jog numbers 40 and 41 were split into two less-humid sections


Notes:

     during London's hot, humid weather I will continue to break my walks or
     walkajogs into 2 parts, e.g., 2 miles in the AM and 2 - 3 in PM. Good routine

     I don't think I shuffle anymore. I think I actually jog

     ease, frequency, duration and speed (related to jogging) are improving

     I will soon be looking for a fall race, 5 K.

    race goals - steady jog all the way, wear new race T-shirt cheerfully
   
I've been keeping track of the number of walks and mileage for almost 11 full months now and can honestly say that - gradually - good things have been happening. I have been staying within my limits and those same limits are growing.

Every once in awhile I wonder if I have another marathon in me. Honest answer - I doubt it. That being said, one never knows.

Please link to The Transition Zone 9 - Steady Jogging!

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment