Monday, April 6, 2020

Now This Is Happening (1).

The Run is Out. The Walkn is Back In.

And now, something completely different.

On Sunday, March 15 I completed a ten-mile run in preparation for an April 26 half-marathon, a Forest City Road Race. I held a steady pace through-out, about 5 min. 50 sec. per km, 10 seconds faster than my projected race pace, per km.

"All is well," I said. 

The next day I received notification that the race was cancelled due to the coronavirus. The YMCA closed its doors as well. My race and running routine went out the window.

Since then, three weeks have passed and I've walked about 7 miles per day to keep up some sort of fun and fitness routine. Once we're through this thing I will set my sights on another goal and see what happens.

I hope everyone is well and moving forward in a positive way. 

Photos From Along the Way:

Kaleidoscopic look at my shadow. Photo by Margeaux Collyer 

 I'm OK about staying indoors most of the day

 TVP (Thames Valley Parkway) gives me access to the city, by foot,
with a camera in my pocket on occasion




Listening to Bob while working at the computer 

 Sometimes I'm playing - digging up photos from the '70s




 "Fish Lips Lady" or "Guy With Buggy Eyes"







 I celebrated St. Patricks Day (solo) on Blackfriars Bridge

 Ouch! London Knights season cut short!!

 My research re 'Dad's Navy Days' continues. Four of his WW2 officers are
listed above, re 1944 Grey Cup. Photo - St. Nazaire to Singapore, Vol. 2 

Barclay's comments re being a member of Combined Operations
during WW2 were echoed by my father, in his own way

The GREAT Canadian Comeback continues. Though not related to running a race, the miles (about 40 per week, walkn on the TVP) continue to add up.

Keep well! 

More to follow.

Please link to This Is Happening (4).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment