Tuesday, August 13, 2019

It's All About Timing (1).

Definitely Not the Winter Season.

Mojo's Runner, used with permission.

As of today, all is going well re The GREAT Canadian Comeback. I'm running about 4 times per week, between 2.75 - 5 miles, within my limited limits*, feeling very healthy.

And 'healthy' is the key word. I'm walking and running about 40 miles per week and enjoying workouts at the YMCA and on city pathways 5 or 6 days out of seven. I'm putting the time in but not pushing to become that runner I was in the past. 

While sorting photo files I came across one of my favourites of all-time, from a U.S. blogger (James, aka Mojo). And I also found a few of mine that appear to have been taken about the same time of year. So, with my fun and fitness routine marching along at a good and steady pace, I thought I'd tip my hat to familiar paths.

 Harris Park, London. Beside the Thames River.

 As I exit Harris Pk. and head toward Gibbons Park.



 Beside a community garden near Ann Street, south of Oxford St.

 From my front porch, Ground Zero for several walks and runs per week.

 Yes, there are other ways to travel.


The runner in the top photo reminds me of many a winter run while I trained for marathons with a solid group of London runners. Some of them are still out there, putting more miles into the bank.

Not many thoughts enter my mind about increasing my distance to 6 - 13.1 miles this year (e.g., for a fall half-marathon), but if I stay healthy then one never knows.

*limited limits, i.e., around 10 - 11 minutes per mile, a fair bit slower than 15 years ago when I ran most distances from 6 to 26.2 miles at 8 minutes-per-mile or faster. The GREAT Canadian Comeback is more a state of mind than about going faster and farther.

Please link to Running Toward Summertime (2).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment