Monday, February 12, 2018

Hold Steady 14.

Miles Are Piling Up. So is Snow.

['Arts'-iest photo ever! Red sole on running shoe, red sign in backgr.]

Once I get to the Terry Fox Pathway adjacent to Springbank Drive (just west of Wharncliffe Rd.) the walking miles add up quickly. Though the getting there is a pain in the butt due to bad sidewalks - if you can find them under the icy mush thrown there by street plows - the peace and quiet is a fine reward.

I have started February with several 5-milers after racking up 139 miles in January. And passing runners have inspired me to keep my own running shoes by the front door. Once the paths are clear of ice I will graduate from brisk walking to slow and steady shuffling/trotting/jogging. [Notice I did not say running. I start off so slow it often looks like I'm just leaning on a shovel, enjoying a snooze.]

Photos from along the way:



 Five 5-milers in a row by Thursday, February 8. Steady Eddie.

By the numbers:

29.5 miles covered last week.

Most recent 10-week average is 29.75 mi./week.

I hope to cover 120 miles and take at least another dozen arsty photos by end of February.

News at 11.   : )




I hope to see you out there.

Please link to Hold Steady 13.

Photos GH.

No comments:

Post a Comment