Thursday, January 4, 2018

Hold Steady 8.

WALKN Into the New Year, 2018.

[Photo: Many miles behind me, many more miles ahead]

Yup, it's cold outside! Level 8 type of cold.

Requirements: Warm sweater, thick jeans, cozy socks,  heavy coat, sturdy walking boots, toque and mittens. Plus, an 8th item.... red longjohns!

Though I'm not running - very bad footing on the sidewalks - I am still heading outside in all kinds of weather. The thick goatee helps.


As well, I have added BIKN to my winter routine, so I have not been walking as many miles per outing as usual.

Yesterday's walk was 3.25 miles, followed by 60 min. on an exercise bike
(equivalent to 3 mi. of walkn, in my books)

By the numbers, 2017:

Average "Get Out The Door" rate, from July - December = 81.6% (5 days out of 7 = 71.4%)

Miles covered in December = 127.5

Average monthly mileage in last 6 months = 115.8

Average miles per outing in December = 5.1

Average mileage per outing in last 6 months = 4.6

Total miles travelled in the last six months = 694.75

Total miles covered in 2017 = 1392.0

Resolutions:

Hold steady, mileage-wise, until March 31 even without the running.

Attempt to equal 2017's numbers : )

Add some stretches, small weights, push-ups and sit-ups to the fun and fitness routine.

"But, I hate push-ups!"

"Give me ten!"

"Stink."



Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment