Friday, June 30, 2017

Four 5-Milers in a Row.

The Guy is Running!

Photo: "And I'm heading toward Baldwin Flats.... slowly."

I don't know why I keep heading north toward Gibbons Park and Baldwin Flats during my evening walks and runs. Because my personality is affected by magnetic fields? Because - in the first mile - Wortley Rd. heads downhill toward Harris Park?

Not sure. But, I am sure I like the scenery and I know whereabouts to turn around if I'm aiming to complete a 4, or 4.5, or 5-mile long walk/run. Maybe, with me, "familiarity breeds content." : )

Familiar charts and scenes:

 On June 26 I covered 5 miles, with lots of running involved.

 Last night I travelled 5.25 miles on Terry Fox Pathway. Smooth!

 My 5-mile turnabout on Baldwin Flats is in sight of Middlesex College.

 Still on Baldwin Flats, looking toward home.

 Approaching Blackfriars Bridge.

From York Street bridge, near Stanley.

I have completed 8 outings that include some running in June, so far. (Note the wee heart in my diagrams). I am not putting any pressure on myself to run faster or farther, but I do notice my running style is becoming a bit smoother as I go along, and I'm definitely feeling faster and stronger.... at times.  

Easy does it, I say. If I stay within my limits, my limits will grow (with regular fun and fitness runs).

There may even be a 10-km. race in my future. I'm running low on T-shirts.

More miles to follow.

Please link to Easy (Wet, Dry, Etc.) 3-Miler.

No comments:

Post a Comment