Thursday, March 9, 2017

Big Breakthrough CRUISEN!

It Doesn't Happen Often.

I must be on the right track.

Everything worked like a well-oiled machine.

Monday, March 6. Initially, just another pretty typical day for me. Coffee and computer time in the morning, a light lunch at noon followed by a change of clothes to get ready for an afternoon walk.

Because the temperature was mild and there was no wind, I dressed in my 'cruisen outfit', i.e., running T-shirts, pants and shoes. After two blocks of brisk walkn I started shuffln/joggn/cruisen.... and just kept on going.

My legs felt good, my breathing was steady, and easy.... and I just kept on going with only 3 or 4 walkn breaks over 4 and a half miles. Everything worked - like a well-oiled machine.

"Where did that come from?" I asked myself when I got home.

Maybe from the 1439 miles I covered in 2016, and the fact I'm ahead of that pace - average-mileage-wise -so far this year.

Oh. This just in. While cruisen on the Terry Fox Pathway I actually passed another runner. And that hasn't happened since 2005 during my fastest half-marathon.

As I jogged by I said, "Earlier start this year, eh (due to the mild weather)?"

He only grunted back. He was panting like an old dog.

I couldn't believe it. I said to myself, There's somebody out here in worse shape than me.

This could be another banner, breakthrough year.

Photos from along the way:







Please link to First Funny Week in March.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment