Friday, January 5, 2018

Hold Steady 9.

Deer Me. Lots of Company.

[Photo: Returning to Woodland Cemetery after a water break?]

I occasionally see deer while walking along the Terry Fox Pathway toward Wonderland Gardens. I have heard many live on the grounds of the nearby cemetery, but because it was pretty chilly yesterday - at least a Level 8 cold spell (red longjohns mandatory - I wondered why a few would be wandering near the river.

Do they take water breaks at the Thames?

Do they find better foraging outside the cemetery?

Do they just like stretching their legs, like me?

I don't know the answer, but I did learn yesterday that I need a warmer toque and pair of mittens if I head out for 5 miles when the temperature is minus 15.

 The pathway is nicely plowed. Maybe the deer like that too!

 The Big L (for Lambaste) is overtop my sister's house in PEI.

 Weather reporter in Charlottetown finds guy trapped inside a bus shelter
without a toque. Come on, People. It's level 8 out there!!

The group gets together for their dash back to the cemetery.

I'll try for another fiver today, with a double double. I.e., two toques and pairs of mitts.

See you out there?

Please link to Hold Steady 8.

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment