Saturday, September 19, 2020

Photos From Along the Way: September 2020

Cool September Weather Boosts Motivation

I usually begin my walk or run by heading north from home to the Forks of the
Thames River, home base for 3 branches of the Thames Valley Parkway (TVP)

Introduction:

The TVP is one of my favourite walking/running routes. It's 'ground zero' - at the Forks of the Thames - is one mile from my front porch, and from the zero marker I can measure my distances in kilometres, thanks to clearly designated distance-markers placed every half-km along the right side of each of the three TVP branches.

So, when I say I have a 7-mile route or 8.25-mile route, the distance of the route is a combination of miles (from home to the Forks, and the return trip) and kilometres on the TVP. Easy-peasy to figure out long runs most of the time.

September's weather has been near-perfect for outings and this week (Sept. 13 - 19) I should end up with a mileage total of 54 miles or more, with a combination of walks and runs.


From above:

Sept. 16 - 8.25-mile walk/run, incl. about 1 mile's worth of walking/water breaks
Sept. 17 - 7-mile walk with the GoPro (more photos to follow)
Sept. 18 - the Birthday Boy covered 8.25-miles with only a couple of short walking/water breaks

Today I am positively looking forward to walking downtown and then to East London to purchase new running shoes and two pounds of coffee beans, likely about a 5-mile round trip. Maybe I'll pack a pocket camera to record a few bits of interesting graffiti from 'along the way.'

Speaking of photos, here are a few from Thursday's healthy walk on the northern branch (toward UWO) of the TVP:

















And now I'm heading for home through Harris Park and then under the CN Railway bridge:




More news about The GREAT Canadian Comeback will follow shortly : )

Please link to A Week's Work (3) for more information about the Comeback Kid.

Questions and comments can be directed to GH at gordh7700@gmail.com

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment