Monday, September 28, 2020

A Week's Work (4)

Falling Into a Fine Weekly Routine for the Fall of 2020

Lots of fall colours as I travel the Thames Valley Parkway 

Introduction:

I like the term Steady Eddie. It's not my name but it does describe my walking and running routine and progress over the last three weeks, from Sunday, September 6 to the 26th. 

And I would attribute my positive results and cheerful attitude to the lower temperatures and humidity levels inside the Forest City (London, Ontario) during that time.

Walking and running 7 - 8.25 miles on a 'Steady Eddie' basis during cool weather does not sap my strength the way the hot, humid days of July and August did. 

Photos/Details From Along the Way:

I ran 12 miles (19.25km) on Sunday, Sept. 20. I still had the Hamilton 30K
Road Race on my mind. The race was officially cancelled a few days later.

I walked on Monday, ran on Tuesday, and started falling into a familiar, friendly routine of walking and running on alternate days. I draw in a W-R on runs days because I take a 30-second walking/water break after each km. of running.

I ended the week with about 50 miles or 80 km. and a Key Lime
ice cream cone in the lovely village of Port Bruce (Lake Erie)

I would say my rising 10-week average of miles is directly related
to lower temperatures in September.  Steady Eddie Energy! 

Lots of work being done along the Thames River, on both sides of Oxford St.

The cement wall is a-risin'

 The break water in Port Bruce is now fortified by a sturdy wall of cement as well.

For more information about a steady, sturdy walking/running routine, please link to
A Week's Work (3)

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment