Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Photos From Along the Way.

Late Night and Black and White.

Tunnel Vision: I will stay within my limits and have a good year. 2019.

While walking my two-mile route last night a runner came up behind me, but on the opposite side of the street. As the women passed she veered right and came over to me.

"Gord! I thought that was you."

"Susan! I saw you running a couple of weeks ago. You're getting back at it?"

"Slowly. I'm rusty, but I want to get out there again."

"Me too," I said.

She didn't stop for long and off she went, soon to disappear around a corner.

We were both happy to be getting our miles in each week. No marathons in the future, for sure, for either of us. (We met in a marathon group in the late 1990s.) But it felt good to reconnect, with each other and with a healthy walking/running habit. 



Lots of years ahead. Lots of miles left to go. 

I should bag another 40 - 45-mile week by Friday. 

So, the GREAT Canadian Comeback continues.

Please link to Speed is a Relative Term

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment