Tuesday, January 1, 2019

"I'm Goin' to the YMCA!" (4).

Don't Break a Leg.

[Photo: The sun goes down on 2018]

I enter 2019 with an emphasis on RUNNIN on the treadmill. WALKN is coming in second place.

My philosophy related to running - after a 12-year-long hiatus from long distance racing - is close to the ground:

Run 4 - 5 times per week indoors. (I don't want to slip and fall down, not get up);

Increase stamina, strength, (development of) smooth stride, and speed gradually;

Don't push myself;

Don't break a leg.

Walking to and from the YMCA is the norm.

I've visited the YMCA 45 times in two months and have nicely transitioned from a diet of walk/runs (a combination of walking and running) to short, steady runs in the 2 - 5 mile range... without a foot falling off or a leg break. Smooth move, Ex-Lax, I say.

 December 11. 31st visit to YMCA. A nice 3-miler.

 December 19. 37th trip to YMCA. A smooth 4-miler. Weight (WT) fluctuates.

December 23 and 30 (lower left). 4.5- and 5.0-mile runs. Steady Eddie.

The year 2018 ended on a positive note:

I finished an easy 3.25-mile run without a hitch;

My push-up, sit-up and weight routine reached 4,825 reps before the sun set;

What does this mean? Push-ups, sit-ups, and 7 different weight routines.
(25 reps each, per session).

Some of my stats are on the upswing;

Reading from L-R on the bottom line: I got out the door 25 out of 31 days in December (80.65% of the days; 6-month average is 81%); I covered 182.75 miles, the highest total in 3 years; the last 6-month average is 149.4 miles; I covered an average of 7.31 miles during a workout in December; my 6-month average per workout is 6.03 miles; my 10-week average for "miles covered" is on the rise (up to 39.025 miles per week), now that I'm going to the YMCA. 

Finally, svelteness is within my reach. : )

So, 2019 begins... with a 6-mile walk.

 Will 2019 go swimmingly?

The New Blackfriars Bridge!

More to follow.

Please link to "I'm Goin' to the YMCA!" (3).

Photos GH

No comments:

Post a Comment